Sunday, March 06, 2011

That Perfect Balance

Where is that balance in life? Living in America I often feel like I'm inundated with extremes. From politics, to religion, to wealth, you must have more than everyone else, be better than everyone else. Whatever it is, the extreme version of it is what's popular and grabs the most attention.

Except I don't like extremes. (Well, generally. They have their place too.)

Perhaps I'm a coward, but sometimes I just wish we could all just get along. That's not to say I wish we could all just believe the same as me, but that I wish we didn't flip out so much when differences arise. It would be really nice if I could just talk to people, even if we get all heated up over it, and then shake hands afterward.

I'm so tired of the constant contention, strife, and anger. It's infecting everything in this country, even if we don't realize it. Must we always have an enemy to overcome to be happy and feel like we're doing something worthy in our lives?

Well, anyway. Just my late late-early early morning rant for the day. I bet I'll wake up later today and wonder what the heck I was going on about. ;)

No comments: